Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

Watching the movie "Something Borrowed" based on the book by Emily Giffin. Love the book and love the movie!

Going over to my sister's tonight to finish a baby shower cake I have been working on the last few days. My BFF Andrea is throwing a shower for her sister-in-law on Sunday and I offered to make the cake.

Thankfully I was able to do most of it hands off, using the Kitchen Aid mixer and I frosted with my left hand. I was able to get my sis Kristen to help me tonight and do the fondant, because I know there is no way I can do it all left handed, not to mention it requires much more attention to detail than my clumsy left hand can give it.

The 6 inch top round is two-tiered lemon cake and the bottom 9 inch round is two tiers of vanilla and a devils food chocolate on the bottom. Cream cheese frosting in-between the layers and as a crumb coat to hold the fondant on. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please make sure your blogger settings allow your email to be displayed, so I can respond to you! Nothing worse than getting a lovely comment and not being able to say thank you! {Jennifer}