Thursday, December 15, 2011

How to make your own hurricane lamps

I know, I know! A lot of bloggers have done this all ready, but I had to jump on the DIY train. It's so easy, affordable and they look great!

I bought two tall glass cylinders and two candlestick holders at the dollar tree. I picked out three Christmas  balls I liked to stick in each one.

I used super glue to fasten the candlestick holders to the bottom of the cylinders. (Yes, I did glue my fingers together...again.) I dropped my lovely Christmas balls in and ta-da!

Total cost? $4 each! Cheap and you can use these all year. I actually plan to make a couple of more, I was so happy with how they turned out!


5 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous Jennifer! I LOVE the shapes you picked out!! And they look so cute filled with ornaments, great idea :) It's crazy to think how much these vases cost in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I used the same rope but in silver for some trees I did! Gotta love Cheap!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect practice for my "trailer park" wine glasses (candle stick on bottom of a canning jar). Does this mean you are making me some for Christmas?????


    Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cool! Thanks so much for sharing - I am definitely going to try and do this - they look great!
    Lowri
    http://papervinenz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please make sure your blogger settings allow your email to be displayed, so I can respond to you! Nothing worse than getting a lovely comment and not being able to say thank you! {Jennifer}