Thursday, February 02, 2012

Changes at Home

Well, it looks like I am going to be a very busy girl come next week! My Grandma is going to be released from the hospital next Thursday and she is going to come live with me. It was either this or a nursing home, and I just can't bare the idea of her being in a nursing home, as long as I can manage to take care of her.

Life is going to be a'changing, for sure. She will require 24 hour care, so I will not be able to leave her alone at all. If I need to go somewhere, I will have to schedule it in advance and have someone come stay with her.

What a change for someone like me! I love to pick up and go and go see movies, visit my friends and family, just whatever my little heart desires. I would like to arrange to have someone come sit with her every Sunday so that I can continue going to church, because I think that will be a good outlet for me, as well as the gym. So I guess we will just have to see what happens!

She seems so little and vulnerable now, so I feel like bringing her here is the best thing to do. She turned 91 last November. I don't want her to have to worry about anything, I want her to just enjoy her life.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. That is just so sweet of u...i bet everything will work out just fine for u!my great-granma is 95 and can still do everything fine on her own but my nan is visiting her every single day anyway for several hours and i think it´ll be much nicer the way u do it (living together in one home)!
    And by the way, I really like ur blog and will be definitely following u from now on!
    Love, Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lizzy! I am a little freaked out, but I know everything will work out for the best. It is just going to be a big change!! LOL I am glad you like my blog and thank you for following me! :o)

      Delete
  2. can understand the bit about "being freaked out" but of course it´ll work out just fine!And changes are part of life and can be a pretty good thing!I wish u all the bestt and hope to read good news soon!xxx Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a wonderful person. All will be fine and I am sure there are plenty of people that if they love, they will help out. Love the new look of your blog. I wish you the best. Keep in touch. Hugs,
    Dusty

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say! Please make sure your blogger settings allow your email to be displayed, so I can respond to you! Nothing worse than getting a lovely comment and not being able to say thank you! {Jennifer}