Saturday, October 22, 2011

How to easily dress up a cake!

I love to bake cakes and decorate them, especially for family and friends. I am not an expert cake decorator by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have some skills that are fun and easy for anyone.

When my Grandma turned 89, I decided to make her a two layer, tiered cake. I spent so much time doing this, I didn't have time to do any really fancy decorating.





I had all ready bought her a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, so I snagged a star gazer lilly from it, as well as some filler flowers, grabbed some of my flower spikes (you should always have these on hand) and ta da! You have a gorgeous cake!

Obviously the flowers are not edible, but they are striking!

Flower spikes can be viewed here.

She was so tickled with her cake, loved the yummy chocolate cream cheese frosting with a little kick of rum. Her cake was rich and moist mint-chocolate.

To make her birthday day dinner more festive, I trimmed flowers and put them in a dish of water to float. She had a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! Please make sure your blogger settings allow your email to be displayed, so I can respond to you! Nothing worse than getting a lovely comment and not being able to say thank you! {Jennifer}